Announcing Buffer V2 Incentivized Testnet on Polygon!
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of an incentivized V2 Testnet on Polygon on 19th August 2022 at 5:00 pm UTC with rewards up to 100,000 $iBFR.
The road to Buffer V2 Mainnet will pass through a series of incentivized Testnet. To that end, our community has already experienced using the V2 Testnet. As we have witnessed before from our enthusiastic community, we look forward to members coming together to build a secure, reliable, seamless, decentralized options trading protocol.
The testnet has two primary goals:
- To ensure that the Buffer V2 is ready to launch in the most optimistic setting positions. Binary options and other fast-paced options are relatively new in Defi and the testnet allows anyone to engage, understand and familiarize with the platform before interacting directly on the Mainnet.
- We invite and welcome all feedback across the Buffer community, during the testnet as we iterate and improve on these plans. Your feedback will go a long way in refining and shaping the Buffer Trading platform as we continue to re-imagining options in Defi.
The trademark of Buffer’s incentivized Testnets, our gamified leaderboard remains intact!
Week-1: 19th August 2022 5:00 pm UTC to 26th August 2022 5:00 pm UTC
Week -2: to 26th August 2022 5:00 pm UTC to 2nd September 2022 5 pm UTC
- Competition venue: https://testnet.buffer.finance/POLYGON/binary/BTC
- Participation eligibility: Only trades opened and closed within the set duration.
- Total prize pool: 100,000 $iBFR (50,000 each week)
Update 26/08/2022 for week 1 only trades placed between 19th August 5:00 pm UTC to 24th August 5:00 pm UTC were considered.
How to participate?
- Hop on to the V2 Testnet on Polygon here👉 https://testnet.buffer.finance/POLYGON/binary/BTC. Trade binary options to generate positive PnLs.
- Use our Polygon Testnet trading guide to catch up to speed with trading up/down options on Buffer V2, here: https://buffer-finance.medium.com/guide-how-to-trade-on-buffer-v2-testnet-23213b475369
- Report your bug here — https://discord.com/channels/842093373082959952/842093426279579729
- View your PnL and ranking here: https://testnet.buffer.finance/POLYGON/leaderboard/0/incentivised
Incentivized Testnet Leaderboard
Have you ever wanted to compete with your friends competitively over PnL? Now, any trader can objectively prove how talented they are, prove their ranks, and get crowned the top trader with our Leaderboard.
On the leaderboard, traders will be able to view:
- Rank — position of the trader in the incentivized testnet competition
- User Address — traders wallet address
- Volume — total buy-in amount + total payout amount
- Trades — No of trades made by the trader during the duration of the competition
- Net PnL (%) — defined as (sum of profit or loss) / (total investment) * 100%
- Absolute Net PnL — the sum of your trade PnL’s absolute value
- Score* (Update) — Current balance/minted balance
Update* 26/08/2022 — Score intorduced retrospectively for both week 1 participants as well
We also want every trader to be able to participate and enjoy their time on the testnet, which is why there will be two categories of prizes:
- Highest %PnL **
- Lowest %PnL **
Update* 26/08/2022 — Lowest PnL was considered only for week 1 and Highest PnL has been switched to Highest score
Rewards & Winning Criteria
The top 7 traders with the highest score and 3 traders with the lowest score will be rewarded (only for week 1 ) For the 2nd week only the top 10 scores will be awarded.
*The competition can be extended after the 2-week period has ended depending on user participation.